Race in space
You will need: printer, scissors, glue, dice
Before playing the game
This is how to fold the four shuttle tokens for the game.
- Download and print the board [PDF, 7.55 MB], data cards and shuttle tokens [PDF, 8.30 MB].
- Cut out the data cards.
- Cut out and fold the four shuttle tokens as shown right.
- Shuffle the data cards and place them face down in a pile.
- Place your shuttle token on the Earth square. The player who rolls the highest number starts first.
- Roll the dice to move around the board. If you land on a ‘warp drive’ square, move forward to the square with the rocket ship. If you land on the top of a wormhole, slide down it.
- If you land on a DC square, pick up a data card and follow the instructions.
- The first person get to Mars wins the game!
This activity was provided by Double Helix magazine. If you’re after more science activities for kids, subscribe!