Many of these events are not managed by CSIRO. Please check with the event organisers to confirm details.
Want to promote your Apollo 11 anniversary event? Let us know about it.
- This event has passed.
Stellar Constellation of Art
July 17, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - July 21, 2019 @ 10:00 pm AEST
Be blown away by the multi media outdoor art installations!
To celebrate 50 years since Apollo 11 and man landing on the moon, Parkes is shining bright with astro art popping up everywhere! From lights and projection shows, to poems and multi-media art all created by local artists and inspired by our dark skies!
- Projection: see Parkes icons come to life on the Woolworths Wall on Clarinda Street, featuring local artist Sean James Cassidy’s collaboration with local poets, Kerry Peden and Jim Cassidy. As this is a light projection show, this will come to life of an evening from dark until 10pm, 17 – 21 July 2019. FREE!
- Vivid Dish: straight from Vivid Sydney 2019, the Vivid Dish will pop-up in Cooke Park from 19-20 July, best viewed after dark. FREE!
- Astrophotography Community Wall: featuring previous David Malin Astrophotography Award winners can be found on the corner of Court and Clarinda Street, on Westpac Wall. See during the day time all year. COMING SOON! FREE!
- Astronaut: flying high above the shops near Coles Clarinda Street Car Park, you’ll spy an astronaut, painted by Parkes artist Jac Clarke. Spot this during daylight hours all year round. FREE!
- To the Moon and Back Exhibition: featuring Apollo 11 inspired artworks by Parkes youth, on display at Cedar Cafe from 19-31 July 2019. Go to the event, to find out opening times. FREE, but we dare you to enjoy a coffee and scone while you enjoy the exhibition.
Coming up next: